Friday 22 June 2012

Stirfried Butternut Pumpkin with Pork

Stirfried Butternut Pumpkin with Pork
I imagine that I'll fail horrendously at photo taking class... Look at this picture, this is the most decent one of the lot! LOL, I think my son takes better pictures than me!

Anyway, I made this dish in Perth for my little ones. My princess has had one too many pizza slices and her brothers were not having the healthiest burgers too! We were a large group of 11 (half were kids under 10!) so you could just imagine the nightmare we went through at the restaurant.... which led to a lot of home cooking from day 1 of our holidays!

I made a lot of dishes but unfortunately with 10 other hungry mouths to feed, I lost track and forgot to take most of dishes. I managed to capture this lovely dish only because all the males had not returned from their fishing trip!

Stirfried Butternut Pumpkin with Pork Recipe

Ingredients:
200gm lean pork, sliced thinly
1/2 a butternut pumpkin (butternuts are generally quite smaller and much lighter than their common cousins)
1 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp tau cheong / salted soy bean paste
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp cornstarch
Pepper to taste

Pork Marinade: (marinade for 15 minutes before cooking)
1/2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
A dash of pepper
1/2 tsp cornflour

Method:
  1. First, marinade the pork and put aside. Then, prepare the butternut by removing its rind and seeds. Cut the pumpkin into bite-sized chunks.
  2. Heat up the work. Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Saute the garlic mince.
  3. When fragrant, add the pork with the tau cheong & soy sauce. Sprinkle some water to prevent pork from sticking.
  4. Add the pumpkin and water. Sitrfry to mix pork with pumpkin. Pour in the rest of water. Bring down to medium heat, cover with lid for 3 minutes. Continue to braise further if you like your pumpkin really soft.
  5. When ready, add pepper and sugar to taste. Then add cornstarch to thicken the sauce. 
  6. Ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment