Sunday 4 March 2012

Stir Fry Watercress

Young watercress before & after stirfry
 I have been eating watercress since I could take solids. Granny used to make us (my brother & I) drink watercress soup when it was rainy season, then she made us drink even more when we started wearing glasses. At that time, all Granny said was "Drink up, it's good for you!"  To sum it up, watercress has enough vitamins and minerals to ensure that my eyes are sparkly and clear & my organs are working well. Now that I know what it is good for, I need to thank Granny & Mum for all the kilos of watercress I'd consumed over the years!

Most of the time, you'd be able to get the watercress that is suitable for boiling in soup. However, if you look around sometimes you'd be able to find young watercress/watercress shoots which you could stirfry. Really fresh and young vegetables do not need much but some garlic and salt to stirfry it in. Which is exactly what I did today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment