Wednesday 28 March 2012

Deep Fried Curry Pork Belly

Deep Fried Curry Pork Belly (27th Mac 2012)

If you saw my last post, you'd know how "motherly" I've become lately. I aspire to be a good mum before the little ones grow up and leave the nest! Sniff, sniff.... How fast time flies?

I usually cook pork belly Hakka style which is to use fermented beancurd and 5-spice powder to marinade the pork before frying. Today, I decided to do something more Malaysian. Marinade the pork following the recipe from the last post. However, 15 minutes before deepfrying, mix 2 tablespoon of meat curry powder to the pork. Deepfry until golden brown.

If you feel experimental, I'd suggest you try turmeric powder, chili powder, lemongrass or a combination of all that, to give the pork the extra edge.

1 comment: